Meet Dena! She is the Convention Center Event Service Supervisor at Moody Gardens Hotel. Over the past three years, Dena has excelled in taking care of group and event needs, delegating tasks and requests and ensuring every event held at the Moody Gardens Convention Center is a success. When she’s enjoying her days off, Dena likes to watch television, sleep, cheer on the Pittsburgh Steelers, relax, read and cook. Dena is an awesome employee and we are grateful to have her. Thank you Dena for all you do!
As BrewMasters Beer Festival comes closer here are some great tips, details and info about the “hoppy” event.
- September 2-4, Labor Day Weekend
- Event is set in Moody Gardens Convention Cener, with additional events around the island
- Named as one of the top 5 beer events in U.S. by USA Today’s “Best Destination Event” and “Best International Event” by Thrillist
- Grand tasting with over 400 craft beers
- Rare “Taste it First” selections – sample never-before-seen craft beers—Grand Tasting & Texas Brewery Tasting Tour. At least 30 of these.
- Unique opportunities to meet local breweries and learn about the craft beer revolution
Craft Beer – Facts
- Craft breweries now represent over 12 percent market share of the entireS. beer industry, per the Brewers Association
- Texas is 6th in the nation in terms of craft beer production. Texas produces over 1 million barrels of craft beer each year
Unique Events at BrewMasters
- BrewMasters Friday Night Pub Crawl – Guests climb aboard a festive party bus and tour some of Galveston’s coolest bars, meeting featured brewers along the way.
- Texas Brewery Tasting Tour – Meet some of the most successful and emerging breweries in the state in a small group and intimate environment
- Beach, Brews, and Bands – Saturday and Sunday night at Moody Garden’s Palm Beach. Live concert on the beach with plenty of craft beer.
- BrewHaHa Grand Tasting – With over 400 beers, Taste it First selections; educational seminars and a host of brew brains this is the one not to miss. VIP allows guests an hour early entrance with access to rare tastings.
New This Year at BrewMasters
- Nach-yo Ordinary Tequila Tasting – Friday Night. Spicy event to kick off the weekend
- Brew-B-Que – Sunday. Enjoy smokehouse specialties by local Pitmaster Patrick Feges, a live music and, of course, plenty of brews.
- Bad Ass Beard Contest—presented by YETI. Brewmasters Craft Beer Festival is in search of the Best Beard and we’re going to great lengths to find it. Enter online in these categories:
- Full Beard
- Longest Beard
- Artistic design / Unique
Click here for more details and tickets!
Meet Alan! He is a server at the Cafe in the Park Restaurant. He has worked here for 8 years. When he’s not delivering delicious foods to guests, Alan enjoys socializing, going for walks on the beach, spending time with friends and traveling. Alan is an awesome employee and we are fortunate to have him. Thank you Alan for all you do!
On September 2-4, sample craft beer and enjoy food pairings, music and chat with industry experts at the 7th annual BrewMasters Craft Beer Festival at Moody Gardens Hotel, Spa and Convention Center.
This foam-filled weekend has several unique twists to its popular line-up, including an opportunity to try blended whiskey and beer at the BrewHaHa Grand Tasting. Also brand new this year is a Friday Night Nach-Yo Regular Tequila Tasting and a Sunday Brew-B-Que as well as a Best Beard contest.
According to Brewers Association records there are now almost 2,000 craft breweries in the United States and growing. In 2011, craft beer sales grew more than 13%. Join fellow craft beer lovers and supporters of this independent craft as they gather Labor Day weekend to sample more than 400 specialty and hard‐to-find brews.
The three‐day celebration will showcase multiple events such as: BrewMasters Friday Night Pub Crawl, Nach-Yo Ordinary Tequila Tasting, Texas Brewery Tasting Tours, BrewHaHa Grand Tasting, Beach Brews & Bands as well as Brew-B-Que.
During the Pub Crawl, you hop on the party bus and tour some of Galveston’s coolest bars and sample their craft selections. The Tequila Tasting, guests sample various Tequilas while enjoying nachos. On the Texas Brewery Tour, small groups get to enjoy featured selections of craft beer. The main event is the BrewHaHa which features more than 400 international craft, domestic and local Texas specialty brews. End the weekend at Beach, Brews & Bands and listen to live music. During the Brew-B-Que, sample various spirits while enjoying BBQ.
Click here to book your hotel stay.
For tickets, schedules and more, click here.